Comic Con 2011
Tyler and the rest of the Teen Wolf cast were on hand at the Comic Con to promote the show. There was a Teen Wolf comic book signing as well as the actual Teen Wolf panel, where new footage from the last 4 episodes were shown. Tyler also attended the Super Supernaturals panel earlier.
There was no live streams for any of this panels unfortunately, so we had to rely on Twitter for updates. The cast is said to be doing a lot of press, so I expect that there’ll soon be videos and interviews to come over the next few days. Meanwhile here’s a summary of the Teen Wolf, courtesy of MTV Geek and Twitter.
Here are some highlights from the panel:
* While season one is wrapping up on August 15th, a new season has been green-lit. On Monday night’s episode, we’ll also learn the identity of The Alpha.
* We also saw a sizzle reel from the remaining four episodes of the current season.
* …and then the Tylers took the stage, and the crowd erupted into a thousand girls’ screams (the room only seated 425, by the way).
* Hoechlin says that the big change between this Con and the last is that people know who they are now.
* On their favorite episodes, Mulchahy spoke about the way the series accelerates. Hoechlin and Crystal say their favorite was episode 3, while Posey says his is episode 10 and involved a scene where he and Crystal got to make out. Actually, everyone’s favorite scenes seemed to involve shirtlessness and making out.
* It was revealed that there will be more than just one Alpha in the series. Speaking about werewolf mythology, they’ve attempted to stay true to lycanthropy mythology while introducing new twists, such as the different effects of silver, etc.
* Attempting to avoid spoilers, Colton tried to sidestep what was happening to his character after being scratch by Derrick. We’ll see what that’s about in episode 10.
* Dylan says viewers will crack up when they hear his character’s first name.
* In answer to whether his character Derek is a bad guy, Hoechlin says Derek is simply trying to protect Scott. “He’s a good and a bad guy,” and “hates Stiles.” In the next couple of episodes, we’ll learn about his deep, dark past and more about his relationship with Kate.
* Posey says that Stiles makes things easier for everyone–he’s so selfless and says that the character deserves a cake.
From the Super Supernaturals panel, I wasn’t able to get much info, especially from Tyler, but he did get a cheeky invite from John Barrowman:
Barrowman invites Teen Wolf’s Tyler Posey in his show, and adds a playful “woof woof.” Panel is getting cheeky #sdcc #supersupernaturals – @TVGuideMagazine
I’ve adde the first set of official pictures from the Super Supernatural panel, as well as a lot of Twitter pics from all the events courtesy of @TVGuideMagazine, @lauragirl, @aurosan, @WetPaintTV and @MissMel821. I’m sure there will be more pics and videos later.
Also check out this interview the cast did with Entertainment Weekly: